- In doing this in past, I've tried to completely dump my boat and change too much... For me I've found it better to have clear, bite-sized chunks to work on- little changes in multiple categories...
- My productivity and energy drops in a hurry after 12 hours in a day- I need to allow for downtime (usually 8-10 PM on weekdays) and chunks on the weekends...
- It's helped me to work to create "overlap" in my purposes.. for instance, I try to combine exercise or golf with spending time with my kids or friends- I may write dramas related to workplace issues and attach to this blog, etc...
- I live in Microsoft Outlook, I am going to take this list and put it as a "free" calendar item that will pop-up once a week- I can keep my goals in front of me and stay on target. Additionally, I'll be scheduling one on one breakfasts with the kids in a monthly rotation...
- Because I'm flawed and things happen- not everything works the way I would like, but this gets me much closer to my snapshot of purpose at this point in my life..
How about you? What has help you focus on purpose and priorities?White Board Life Plan Notes February 17, 2008
Need to find a mentor, not sure who at this point- maybe to meet monthly?
ACTION ITEM: Overlap time with RL to include Bible study and discussion 4 AM's per week
Need to be in relationship with a mentor again- who ???
Schedule and plan our monthly date nights
ACTION ITEM: Put in my weekly Outlook Life Goal reminders and view to make sure this is on schedule
Schedule one on one time
Kid’s sports activity planning- Easton baseball?
One on one breakfast time
ACTION ITEM: Rotate Emmi and Easton every other month for a one-on-one breakfast before school- Erin every other month at Wings Put in OUTLOOK Life Goal view
Coming up General Management/Operations
ACTION ITEMS: Intentional discussions with CS on eventual role and maintaining alignment to overall company goals and plan
Begin meeting monthly with Admin to build relationship and more overlap
Continue with Help Desk launch and oversite-
Work/STACKED (side business I try to do as little as possible in)
Streamline inventory management
Need production help
JM- more management?
Find someone who can handle weekly production 5-20 hours per week
Either sell or simplify- must continue to be contained-
Move more management responsibility to JM
BHAG: Eventually be part in writing/creating a movie
Incorporate short videos into blog- add value, stretch drama experience
Create white space and think time for potential movie ideas- review with potential collaborators- there has to be a valid purpose and “why” we would do it- need a story..
Missing $500 Building Pmt- complete by 4-15-08
Continue to save for new vehicle Goal $5,000 by 7-1-08
Continue with current saving plan- all unexpected/bonus income to these goals
STACKED general labor, need to watch time- this is not in my core purpose
What Am I Going to Do that’s New/Forced Change/Learning?
Learn basic video creation/editing- minimal quality (You Tube-ish) for now- Set-up meeting with Jeff Petersen for initial discussion - Produce first videos by 4-1-08 Tie into blog..
What I Enjoy:
What are my talents?
Big Picture View/Visionary
Who’s On My Board/Should Be?
Kem - Wife
JH (need to get back in rotation)
Future Spiritual Mentor
CS- Work- professional
Add 1-2 people
ACTION ITEM: Get in contact with JH for lunch- catch-up and discuss
Look for other potential maximers to overlap with-
Other People in my life right now:
(Insert Your List here)
Out of Balance
Time with RL- needs to be “redeemed” and overlap created
Workout/sleep still pushing
I feel like I run out of energy/time in a day…
Overly idealistic is a “pull”- get a big list of wants but can water-down effectiveness
12 productive hours a day
Overlapping purposes/leverage your purpose
More transparent life- less duality- blog & board?