Friday, October 24, 2008

How to be "Real" Rich

I can't believe I'm going to repeat this, but my Dad always said..."Be rich in the things money can't buy"... I don't know how many times I rolled my eyes at that growing up (the last time was probably a few weeks ago.. :) but... OK... uh... it's true.

I was reminded by this from a new blog I read by Larry Jones. He is a maximizer and is right on... If we're told "money is the root of all evil" then we better know how to root out that evil... Check out his site... no sense for me to ramble about it's already been said...

As Christ-followers, if we're fretting around like everyone else in these crazy economic times... We're missing a phenominal opportunity to step-up and step-in....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the LOVE of money is evil...not money itself. if people didn't pursue money, there wouldn't be any churches or salaries to pay the staff at churches. if someone pursues money so that they can resource others and organizations that are making a difference in the world...I say pursue away!! i love our conversations mark....thoe

Anonymous said...

Mark - thanks so much for the shout out about my blog way back in October. I happened to run across your blog comment about me through Technorati this evening.

Love your blog, and I'm subscribed to your RSS feed. Great stuff and keep blogging!

Larry