Craig Groeschel: Life Church TV
When you walk into certain churches, some seem to just have a different feeling... they have "IT".... life... growth... something special...anticipation...expectation... God was present... power, motion
- Same elements at each location they have (13), however, the output was very different... How could there be different results with so many of the same factors/systems/processes?
- What is IT? Answer: "Don't know"
- God makes IT happen... it's from Him, by Him, and for His glory.... we can't make IT, or manufacture IT....
- It's rare for one person to bring IT.... yet one wrong person can kill IT
- IT attracts critics.... "You could say IT happens"... if you have IT, it doesn't mean you're going to keep IT, if you don't have IT now, you could get IT later
- Acts 2:42-47.... People were saved "daily"... do we want IT?
- 4 Qualities present when IT is present:
- 1- Laser focused- Better ministry is better, not more ministry- What can we be the very best at? In order to reach people that no one is reaching, you'll have to do things no one is doing.... Less is more...
- 2- They see opportunities rather than obstacles- You have everything you need to do what God has called you to do- We waste too much time whining about what we don't have... Do what you can with what you have.
- 3- They are willing to fail. Those without IT tend to play it safe... Failure is a NECESSITY! Peter experienced Jesus in a new way in his failure... Need to shake off failure... shake off what people are saying about you... blogging about you...
- 4- Led by people who have IT. You need to have IT for your ministry to get IT. Ministry can kill IT... when we focus on building our ministry rather than His Kingdom- we can start losing IT. Leaders that have IT seem to draw people because they want to be part of IT.
- "I became a full-time pastor and a part-time follwer of Christ"- CG
- If you've lost IT- getting back to center/core is part of the process to get back-
- If I truly believe what I believe... am I giving my life to it? Am I giving my life to what I can do best
- What am I doing that I need to stop doing?
- What is God trying to show me through my greatest limitation?
- What has God called me to do that I'm afraid to do?
- If I don't have IT, what do I need to do get IT?